The bangu (Chinese: 板鼓; pinyin: bǎngǔ), often simply gu (Chinese: 鼓; pinyin: gǔ), is a Chinese frame drum that, when struck by one or two small bamboo sticks, creates a sharp dry sound essential to the aesthetics of Chinese opera. Striking the drum in different places produces different sounds. It is also used in many Chinese chamber music ensembles. The percussion section is very important in Chinese Opera, with battle or 'martial' scenes, which are called wu-chang. The bangu player is the director or conductor of the orchestra. He works with the other members of the percussion section to create the right mood for the audience and actors on stage.
Size : 8"
Includes: Drum Sticks
Optional: Rack +$40
For Singapore schools interested in purchasing our instruments, you may follow the follwing steps.
1. Add item/s to Cart
2. Click Checkout
3. Fill in Shipping Details (eg. School's name and address)
3. Under Delivery Method, shipping is FREE for orders above $150 if not there is a $25 charge.
4. Under Payments, click manual payments (We accept payment through E-invoice, cash, cheque, bank transfer)
5. Click Place Order and an invoice will be sent to your email. (Delivery time is 21-30 days)
6. Feel free to Call/ Whatsapp 91917032 for any enquries.