The hulusi (traditional: 葫蘆絲; simplified: 葫芦丝; pinyin: húlúsī) or cucurbit flute is a free reed wind instrument from China and the Shan State. It is held vertically and has three bamboo pipes that pass through a gourd wind chest; the center pipe has finger holes and the outer two are typically drone pipes. It is not uncommon for a hulusi to have only one drone pipe while the second outer pipe is merely ornamental. The drone pipe has a finger hole, which allows it to be stopped. Advanced configurations have keyed finger holes similar to a clarinet or oboe, which can greatly extend the range of the hulusi to several octaves.
Tones: A/ B/ C/ D/ E/ F/ G
Includes: Case & Accessories
For Singapore schools interested in purchasing our instruments, you may follow the follwing steps.
1. Add item/s to Cart
2. Click Checkout
3. Fill in Shipping Details (eg. School's name and address)
3. Under Delivery Method, shipping is FREE for orders above $150 if not there is a $25 charge.
4. Under Payments, click manual payments (We accept payment through E-invoice, cash, cheque, bank transfer)
5. Click Place Order and an invoice will be sent to your email. (Delivery time is 21-30 days)
6. Feel free to Call/ Whatsapp 91917032 for any enquries.